Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardening classes in Northern VA?

Posted by takadi (My Page) on
Thu, May 28, 09 at 17:58

I'm interesting in expanding my knowledge as an amateur gardener and getting into things like no till and cover crop gardening, and other things. Where are some good resources to sign up for classes and such?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardening classes in Northern VA?

Check with your local extension office. I'm sure they hold Master Gardener classes but you'd need to be willing to give back some volunteer time to be qualified for them. Many of the extensions offer classes for the public, too. They should know if there are any horticultural gardens or nurseries that provide classes. If you can come to Richmond, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden has many classes every year. Here are a couple of links for you:

Extension offices in VA
http://www.ext.vt.edu/offices/

Lewis Ginter
http://www.lewisginter.org/

Sandy

o
RE: Gardening classes in Northern VA?

Although it sounds as if you are looking for something more advanced, many of the nurseries in northern Virginia offer seminars/classes frequently. I have been to several at Merrifield gardens and I know Campbell and Ferrara and Behnke's have classes as well. Green Spring Gardens in Alexandria is another resource-their folks are very knowledgeable. Good luck. Cynthia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here