Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancyk_gw

where can I buy statuary in sw Va?

nancyk
13 years ago

I am looking for a place that sells concrete statuary. Specifically, I have 3 of the Four Seasons that are each 4 feet tall. I need the fourth season that represents(I think) autumn, the woman is usually holding grapes. I purchased the first ones from Phelps Pottery in Abingdon, Va., but they are now closed. I contacted a woman in Gatlinburg but she told me they sold their molds and the only ones she has left are winter and spring.

Comments (10)

• tom_va
    13 years ago

Where are you located?

There are several concrete places in Cana but they're not large---close to the size of Phelps.

Your best bet might be in Rustburg; I've never been there but it appears they have a LOT to offer. See link below. Probably best to call and see if they have what you're looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Here is a link that might be useful: Concrete World

• nancyk
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am in ne Tenn, an hour+ west of Abingdon.

• tom_va
    13 years ago

Finding those might be difficult. Sorry, but I can't help you; don't know much about things on the other side of Bristol.

You might check the following link and see what the shipping would be to order from the factory. Won't hurt to look :-) It would have to come via freight.

They don't say if the height is total, including the base but I would assume so.

Regards,

Tom

Here is a link that might be useful: Galbraith's

• nancyk
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Galbraiths, a lovely site. I was ready to go there and pick up my statue then found out it was in Indiana. Dang..

• tom_va
    13 years ago

ROAD TRIP!!!

:-)

There should be tons of these places in/around Gatlinburg if you're close. See link below.

A couple of years ago someone stole our large concrete pig that had been sitting along the road in front of our house. I had a very hard time finding one around here. I ordered one from Phelps before they shut down and my daughter found one somewhere in northern Virginia.

Regards,

Tom

Here is a link that might be useful: Concrete

• nancyk
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I had spoken with the lady from the above link, they sold their molds and have only winter and spring left. Where in northern Virginia did your daughter make a purchase? We will be there in a few weeks. I hesitate ordering as the statues that we do have I had to look through quite a few to get ones that I liked(qualitywise). Some of the statues just were not well done, and others were, you really had to look them over

Nancy

• tom_va
    13 years ago

I'll try and contact her in the next day or so. The details elude me but she may have just 'happened' upon this place when she was coming home. At the time, she was traveling for the Ruby Tuesday chain and was sent here, there, and yonder.....hopefully she'll remember the general area.

Regards,

Tom

• tom_va
    13 years ago

She didn't remember which place she was coming from when she found the statue. They had her running over 3-4 states at the time.

If she happens to remember I'll post the whereabouts.

Regards,

Tom

• nancyk
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Tom,
    If she does remember, could you please email me directly at zukituck@yahoo.com, as I do not check here often. We are heading to northern Virginia & New Jersey in the near future so I might do more Google searches.

Nancy

• dixiblong
    11 years ago

Hey not sure if your still looking but here in va i know i have to drive about 2 hours north to get my statues, theres a place called Harpers Statuary. I dont know if you found what you want or not but if there is something outthere they will have it..... good luck

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus