Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fig3825

Weather Affecting Growth?

Fig3825
12 years ago

Hi all, I'm new here and I'm perplexed with my garden. I constructed 4 4 x 10' raised beds made of 2x10's with about 8" of 'supertopsoil' from the local landscape place (organic and top soil mix), a layer of drainage/weed fabric and then about 3" of mulch. I ran soaker hose to each bed and it's under the mulch and over the fabric. I transplanted all seedlings (ranging from 4-8" high) into the beds just before a sting of really bad rain (about 10 days worth, mostly heavy). I feel that this rain might have destroyed my plants. I have some lower leaves and branches that are turning yellow and pretty much falling off the plants. I cut a lot of them when I saw them turning in order to keep the sagging limbs from touching the ground/mulch.

I'm just curious if any other users have encountered problems with this same period of awful weather and if I just need to sit tight and let the better weather work its magic? I have since planted more seedlings and they appear to be doing much better than the seedlings planted prior to the 2 week period of rain and cooler weather.

Any input would be appreciated.

Comment (1)

Sponsored