Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pine Bark Fines sources

Posted by loamyz8va (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 14, 11 at 3:40

I'm in SE Virginia, AKA Tidewater. I haven't seen the question here, but in case anyone is looking for potting mix constituents, I've had success at 2 places. The first I can't tell you the name of; it's a mini-mart that has a small fenced-off area of plants - generally good quality, but small selection. They carry the pine bark fines in 2 cu ft bags that run about $4. Find the store in Bayview (Norfolk), at a "V" shaped intersection of Bayview Blvd and Fishermans Rd. You'll see on the satellite picture of MapQuest that you can turn into the parking lot from either road. Approach by Chesapeake Blvd, or if you are familiar with the area, Old Ocean View Rd. might be preferable.

The other place is Pioneer Southern, AKA Good Earth Organics, 310 Kenyon Rd in Suffolk. 757-539-7489. They sell wholesale generally, but I got some leftover bags off-season a few years ago. I think this could be a place to try if you want it by the yard. Or maybe they would steer you to their retailers. I had no luck getting a call back after leaving a message off-hours last week, then found it at the place above; I suggest trying them early in the day when someone might pick up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here