Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blueberry Farms?

Posted by vegangirl z6 VA (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 07 at 13:28

Are there any blueberry farms that didn't lose their crop to the Easter freeze or the drought?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blueberry Farms?

I know there is one out in Craig County - a friend brought fresh picked blueberries to work last week.

If Craig Co. isn't too far, I can get more details for you.

Meg :)

o

The bushes in my garden weren't bothered by the cold snap and I'm buried in blueberries. Have you been seeing places that have lost their crops?

o

Meg, I didn't know where Craig Co was but found it on a map. I am in Grayson Co. so Craig isn't that close. Give me the details anyway, please:-)

Leslies, Yes, it seems that all the blueberries were lost in our area, and in surrounding areas of NC and TN. We have a few on our bushes maybe a couple of gallons. DH's aunt has maybe 10 gallons instead of 100s. Last year we picked and canned 11 gallons and were hoping to do about twice that this summer.

I've been looking at pickyourown.org and it seems that N VA has some blueberries but they seem expensive compared to what I'm used to paying around here plus gas money would have to be figured in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here