Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kesva

Need plant/flower ideas for a wooded tree line

kesva
15 years ago

Hi all! I have a section of my yard that is on the north side of my house that gets sunlight all day up until around 5pm (when the sun goes behind the huge canopy of trees) as it is up against the woods that surround my house. I live in Cumberland (1 hr west of Richmond) with lots of oaks and pines all along the tree line. I want to plant something along that tree line that likes the sun, preferably flowers, doesn't need too much fuss, and is drought tolerant. I want to look from my covered porch and driveway (as well as want others to that come into my driveway and house) to see either flowers or something green that self cleans that will cover those small stumps behind that area that was left by the builder 3 yrs ago! Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated! It's weird because all around the rest of my house I could just see in my head of what I wanted to plant everywhere else....this is the last spot in my yard that I want to take care of and don't have a clue of what to put there....any thoughts or suggestions would be great! Thanks so much in advance for your time!!!

Comment (1)