Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathicville

Anyone have evergreen viburnum tinus 'Spring Bouquet'?

kathicville
15 years ago

Hi......I'm on the hunt for a couple of nice mid-sized evergreens to flank an oakleaf hydrangea in a long narrow bed (@18' x 4') between my driveway and my house. Mostly shade. I'd like evergreens to offset the bare open structure of the hydrangea in winter. I have ample azalea and boxwood in the yard, so would like to steer clear of adding more. (BTW, I posted this general question in the Shrubs forum.)

I've been getting some great suggestions, including dwarf or compact pieris, rhododendron, osmanthus, and evergreen viburnum. In that last category I've seen enthusiastic mentions of an evergreen viburnum variety "Spring Bouquet" which matures at about 5' by 5'---just about the right size for the space I'm filling.

Does anyone in the Virginia forum have this shrub? (A search didn't yield any threads.) If so, comments about how it has fared in your landscape so far? Is the 5' by 5' accurate? I'm in Charlottesville; the shrub would be in a wind-protected but definitely "mostly shade" spot in a freshly-prepared bed.

Other evergreen shrub suggestions welcomed, too. I'd like something that has a structure that is denser than the hydrangea and has a more vertical than horizontal habit. I don't *need* a flowering option, but it would certainly be welcomed!

Thanks!

Comments (3)