Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Two Dying Boxwoods

Posted by ineptgardener Arlington, VA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 7, 08 at 20:24

Does anybody know what could be killing what I think are English Boxwoods at the house I just bought in June? They probably could have used more water than they were getting but I'm doubtful that would be what has done this damage. One boxwood has more serious damage, the second one is just starting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Two Dying Boxwoods

Actually, I'm told they may me ilex shrubs which aren't very drought tolerant so may be I did kill them with lack of water...

o
RE: My Two Dying Boxwoods

Did you check for bugs? We had to spray for scale several times this summer. We just moved to Richmond from the Midwest and landscaping care is just a bit different, including keeping things more watered. We run the hose on a slow trickle once a week for 20 minutes on each tree and bush and it really helped everything stay healthy over the summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here