Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dixiedoodle_gw

Grass Maintenance Recommendations

dixiedoodle
13 years ago

I have normally posted on the house forums rather than garden forums, but we are finally getting settled into the new home and I now have tons of landscape/turf questions! We had our yard sodded (1+ acres) 2 years ago. We have a 30 zone Hunter pro irrigation system which has been professionally maintained and programmed on a regular basis. The extreme heat this summer did a bit of damage though. We plan on having it aerated and overseeded this week. The sod is a mixture of fescues and bluegrass. We live on a golf course which has a lot of bermuda. The bermuda has migrated over and has choked out much of our grass. So, my first question is whether there is anything that we can do to minimize the spread of undesirable grass in our lawn?

My second question is about something that the lawn treatment people referred to as "tube" grass...why does it pop up and will it die out naturally as the weather cools? I was told that it will spontaneously grown when it is super hot and that it will then just go away when it gets cool again. They told me that there was no treatment that would address this issue. The problem with this explanation is that none of my neighbors have this type of grass popping up in their yards. It's pretty awful looking, especially along the driveway. I spend entire hours sitting out there literally plucking that grass from the area around my drive and walk!

Thanks for any information!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert