Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chris_t_gw

Nichols Peony Nursery in Gainesville VA

chris_t
13 years ago

Hi,

The owner of Nichols Garden, specializing in peonies and irises, had passed away. The nursery itself is going to have to be liquidated. This is a house in Gainesville with 3 acres and several areas of peony planting, not a commercial entity like Merrifield, for example. The sister of the deceased is helping the estate to sell off the plants as well as various gardening tools.

They seem to need a bit of help, digging up the plants and identifying them. I was there last Sunday and I bought a John Harvard, a Battleflag, and a Coral Charm, at a 40% discount. There are lots of plantings left and they would really like to find some buyers. Not everything on the website could be found, or identified. It's a bit in disarray.

It was kind of sad to see the peony fields in ruins and all dug up. Somebody loved these guys once. I have nothing to do with the nursery, I just called them to buy some plants and found out that the owner had died. I went there to pick up some plants and dug one out myself. This is not a commercial advertisement of any kind.

Here's the website: http://www.nichollsgardens.com/

And here's their phone number: (703) 754 9623

I hope someone here find this useful and can buy some peonies and help these folks out. You might have to do some digging when you get there, but the plants are mature with GIANT roots and lots of eyes. This would be the right time to dig up and plant peonies, for those interested.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals