Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vtwiggler

little white eggs

vtwiggler
13 years ago

Hello there, I am new to worm farming. The beginning of December I started three worm beds; one with peat moss one with shredded news paper one with shredded news paper soaked in loam for a few days. I started off under feeding them for a week or two to get adjusted. Then I started feeding then the proper amounts and they would eat it. I was covering my beds with wet cardboard and found that it dries out too quickly, and I switched one bed over to soaked oak leaves and held moisture better. The whole time I had a problem with fruit flies, even if the food was a little under the soil. My concern now is directly after I switched to Oak leaves, in that bed I got thousands of little white egg things. If I examine them closely they move, so I don't think they are eggs. I have an enormous amount of fruit flies. All my beds smell like a hand full of goodness as if you were to roll over a half decomposed log in the forest. I would like to know what the white things are. The worms don't seem to mind them.

Thank you for your time.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner