Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummersteve

Worm Bin in Balance

hummersteve
9 years ago

When I first got this wild hair of starting a worm bin I thought this will be an adventure and it has been. I did some studying up a good while before I started, but still had some problems. For a good while the first few month it seems I always had worms on the lid at night and in the morning there would be a few dead worms on the floor in the morning. they just werent really happy in my plastic bin. To make a long story short I realized they didnt like the sweating of the plastic so I did two things. I added/stacked an extra tray and started leaving the lid cracked 1" then I realized I didnt need it cracked that much and now 1/2" or less is enough. So now 3yrs later any time I check that bin day or night there is never a worm of any size on the lid but I cant leave the lid off or things seem to dry up. All a learning process but satisfying that they are happy with their home and what Im doing for them and they are where they are supposed to be never venturing out. If that would happen I would know something is up immediately.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living