Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found great composting resource

Posted by pyropunk Gauteng (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 5, 09 at 7:14

Hey All

I found a great composting resource on the web. Even though it deals with vermicomposting only in passing, it has great advice on how to create and maintain your composting system(s).

I have learned a lot by just browsing. Just imagine the stuff I could learn if I actually studied it ;-)

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: The Science and Engineering of Composting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found great composting resource

I found a great vermicomposting website. Vcompost.com. I started a bin using the information and I can't believe the results. I used it to top dress my yard like it said on the site and my lawn is now thick and dense, when before I had bare spots. It is also a lot easier to maintain the bin, since you don't have to turn it over. It also produces the vermicompost which is much higher in nutrients than compost. Also I keep mine in my garage, so I don't have to go outdoors, which is really nice in the winter.

Here is a link that might be useful: vermicompost guide

o

Orgarden - You are incredible. All your posts since you recently registered give the same message. STOP mongering these forums promoting your commercial enterprise website.

o

ogarden,

Vcompost.com is almost entirely useless. All it tells you is how to build a bin. 1000 other sites tell you to build the same thing. None of the other links work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here