Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
worm castings

Posted by tulips101 none (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 15:34

I have seperated the worms out of the compost and put it thru a 1/2 inch wire netting and i was wondering if i dont use it all on my plants can i use it over to grow more woms or should a add a bunch of peat moss or shredded leaves i want to put ENC in thestuff please inform me im not real good at this stuff.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: worm castings

Worm castings are not and ideal medium to use as bedding for worms, since essentially the worms would be living in their own waste. Not to mention there would be nothing for them to eat since it has already been processed. I would definitely add some leaves and moist shredded cardboard to the mix.

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 16:03

Try saving it and using it later in summer to make worm tea to use as you would when you water your plants?

o

I bet the original poster is not asking if he/she can use as bedding the material that fell through the "1/2 inch wire netting" as bedding but what did NOT fall through. Yes, toss that microbe rich stuff back on top of both bedding and especially kitchen scraps to "enlighten" them about the possibilities of way helpful friends.

o

Thank you equinoxequinox that is what i wanted to know i quess i need to be more clear in my posts thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here