Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
courtcourt_gw

So, apparently my worms like moldy pasta...

courtcourt
14 years ago

I took a tupperware container that was full of (old, cooked) egg noodles out of my fridge about a week ago, and forgot to empty it. I discovered it sitting behind something on a counter the other day, and it stank, and there was mold beginning to grow on the top. I figured I'd give it a shot, and put a couple of the foul smelling noodles in the bin. To be honest, I was terrified that they would kill the worms, since they were gooey and totally gross.

The next day (yesterday), I looked in the bin, just for fun, and found the half decomposed cucumber pieces, lettuce pieces, pear pieces, and tomato pieces that I had put in earlier in the week, but no sign of the noodles. In fact, I closed up the bin and got up to do something else, and then remembered that I had just put noodles in there the night before. Went digging around, but couldn't find them anywhere. So I dumped in about half of the moldy noodles, maybe a cup's worth, buried it with bedding, and kept my fingers crossed.

Today? Gone. I only have 1 pound of worms. Totally gone. I was starting to wonder how long it was going to take for my new wormies to get settled into their home, since they weren't doing much to the fruits and veggies that had already started breaking down when they were put in the bin. Apparently, they were just waiting for some starch.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner