Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
On the Edge

Posted by equinoxequinox (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 18, 10 at 1:39

Vermicomposting in round containers. Do the worms tend to congrigate on the edges of the container? Is it because the compost tends to dry out along the edges creating air conduits to refresh hard workng worms? Or is it just a bar and a hot place for worms to meet?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: On the Edge

I have round containers(can-o-worms)and it seems to me that they do Like the edges. But that's a very small sample.

Dave Nelson

o

Mine congregate around the edges of square bins. I have no idea why.

o

The Can of Worms even has the airholes evenly on the bottom. If your worms are doing the same thing, I can stop feeling guilty the middle of my container does not have enough air.

Maybe the plastic is like the smooth inside of egg shell. Or do they do the same in wood boxes?

o

I have not really thought about that one. I just see them everywhere in the bins. (worm factory)

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here