Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to check ph?

Posted by wiggleme Colorado (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 24, 09 at 8:29

I have just read that the ph of the bedding is important.
How would one go about checking it? Can I just put a strip of ph paper in the bin and get an idea?

wiggle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to check ph?

Hi wiggleme,

I don't know about the PH test paper, because I've never used it. But, I know that the PH of the bin can be tested with the same kind of test kits that you check the PH in your garden soil. So, if you use the paper strips for the garden soil, I would think it would work for the worm bin too.

Hope this helps,
Robert

o
RE: How to check ph?

Thanks Robert,
My worm bed is only 2 weeks old and is still mostly shredded newspaper. I guess I will have to wait til the
little things digest more. I won't worry about it. They are
eating away and I think some were mating : )...or what ever you call it when worms make more worms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here