Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Worms bad for the environment??

Posted by Niivek WI (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 10:03

dnr.wi.gov/topic/invasives/documents/whatsthetroublewithworms.pdf
I came across a link to this DNR flier in the farm life forum the other day. Any opinions on worms being bad for the environment?
My opinion is no. The flier states that worms were present in WI prior to the last ice age and were pushed out by the glacier. So, wouldn't that mean that worms are a native species that became extinct in the area and are now making a come back with the help of mankind?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Worms bad for the environment??

Oh geez! I can't imagine worms ever.... being bad for the environment.

o
RE: Worms bad for the environment??

WELL they are taking the natural resources in the north woods
And yes most are not native to wi .

o
Impact on environment

My "takeaway" is I won't "introduce" worms to a forest, a lake, or a lake shore.

http://www.onearth.org/articles/2014/03/beware-the-worm

Here is a link that might be useful: worms in forests

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here