Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Listening to the Worms

Posted by equinoxequinox (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 11, 10 at 3:14

Snap, Crackle and Popping lets me know all is well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Listening to the Worms

Do you pour milk on them?

o

I didn't think you were supposed to add dairy ;-)

o

equinox, I've noticed that too. Some days they seem to be louder than others.

I was thinking of recording it and making a CD, "Echoes From the Worm Bin", maybe mixed with sounds of rain, wind, running water (dripping leachate?). What do you think? Would it sell it at Starbucks?

o

I was thinking...Looking, smelling, listening... Can't wait for the TASTING. LOL

o

Hey Rick, I'll buy a copy if you do it.

Dave Nelson

o

I heard my worms yesterday. You don't pour milk on them. You sprinkle horse manure on them. It brings them right to the top of the bin. That is when they snap, crackle and pop.

o

I love the sound of crackling bedding when I open the bin lid. Sounds like snakes rustling in the grass! Rick, maybe add some manure sounds to the recording for bass! As far as tasting worms, I once had an "unusual" person working for me make a worm sandwich and eat it on a bet! The worms were floating in puddles after a big rain, on a paved road in a campground we were cleaning up. Maybe 25 or more on white bread with mayo. Yummy :o Time for my breakfast.... Pete

o

ah! murmur of worms
in my bin outside
makes me happy~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here