Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Colander Feeding

Posted by equinoxequinox (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 19, 13 at 3:23

Unique feeding method where the food is not incorporated into the bedding.
Not a great video but unique information and viewpoint none the less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mHC3fhCy74

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Colander Feeding

Verrryyy interestink.....

Every time I see a new technique, it only confirms what I find over and over.....that it's just about impossible to not be successful with the worms no matter how simply or complex you do it.

There are four ways to fail....all involving too.

Too much heat. Too much cold. Too much water. Too much lack of water. Kinda like humans. Exactly like humans actually. They like the temps to be what we like. Not too moist (humid). Not too arid.

Moderation is the most important word in a wormers' vocabulary.

All the fancy stuff and elaborate dos and don'ts are detrimental to getting people enthused about worming. KISS (Keep it simple stupid) is bliss.

Chuckiebtoo

BTW: Ever hear "don't put tea bags into the bin with the staples attached"? When I go thru a bin, the uneaten staples are all there. Not even chewed on.

o

Personally I dry my tea bags, then tap them to get all the leaves into one corner. Then about 1/2 inch below the staple I grasp the bag firmly in an index and pointer finger pincer grip. Then I tear off about 1/2 inch of the tea bag with my teeth. Chewing optional. This is also how I get my daily recommended allowance of stainless steal.

o

Boy, I bet that stinks! Good, if you can keep that barrel far away.
By the way, those metal staples on the tea bags are not steel. I suspect they are aluminum, so I keep them away from my compost and don't even let them touch my tea water :) But I stick rusty nails, etc in soil :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here