Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaving them alone is hard

Posted by smalltowngal (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 18, 10 at 8:18

Ok, I moved my worms to the basement for two reasons. One, I was worried about the mudroom still getting a little colder and two, I'm hoping I'll poke around less. This is hard having them the first week and not looking at them 5 times a day. I already know a bunch of things I would do differently. I think so many new worms end up dieing not because people create the wrong environment for their worms but because they can't leave them alone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaving them alone is hard

Yep, leaving them alone is hard. I peek several times a day. I really don't think that it bothers them very much. I hope.

Dave Nelson

o

No privacy >>> No mating >>> No cocoons.

o

You are probably right. I'll try real hard to let them alone for a couple of days.

Dave Nelson

o

Get a security cam thats wireless and waterproof and set it up inside the bin (on the side wall), then watch from your computer. make sure the security cam has IR bulbs and night vision. I dont know why youd want to watch, the Discovery Channel probably sells a video of worms mating anyway!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here