Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"Running through the Vermicomposter"

Posted by equinoxequinox (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 13:21

Garden amendments and supplements seem as if they could benefit from being run through a vermicompost system. Things like bio-char, greensand, pearlite, peat moss, coco-choir, trace minerals could be picked up by the biology in the bin and perhaps be the best way to get these things to the roots of the plants. If vermicomposting increases the bio load of what we put into the bin, then the supplements would seem to increase the goodies held by that micro life we harvest. Perhaps they would not wash out of the soil as quickly. Or perhaps they would help the microbes by providing nutrition, habitat, or moisture balancing. Pro, Con, Discussion?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "Running through the Vermicomposter"

Wow, EQ2......that's getting deep into the wormbin!

This is just me, but over the years thru experimentation with almost every bin, and every AVCT brew, and every VC application I've coaxed my worms into producing, (often using comparison treatments/non-treatments on side-by-side plants) and with the subsequent study of the results of applying those VC's & teas to my plants and gardens and trees, I can tell you that no other amendments, additions, tweaks or other "improvements" are in any way neither necessary nor more productive.

You just can't improve on the results achieved with worm poop....at least that's what my treated vegetations scream at me.

That said, all those things probably wouldn't HURT anything too much, but how would you ever be able to tell?

Chuckiebtoo

BTW....I personally don't use microscopes to tell if my brewed teas are ready. Just consistency of production and application after all that trial and tweak.

Yesterday's AVCT brew prep (during these optimum months, I brew tea pretty much continually)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here