Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
equinoxequinox

Vermi Tube

equinoxequinox
14 years ago

I want every house in America, the world, moon and Mars to have a vermitube in their kitchen.

The most perfect flow through system

Maybe you have seen them at your dentistÂs office. A 6 inch hole in the counter top where waste is tossed into the garbage without having to touch a door or touch a trash can lid.

WouldnÂt it be great if right next to the cutting board one of these 6 inch openings cut right into the kitchen counter were the top of a worm bin? A cover might or might not be needed. In the cellar vermicast could be falling into a bin ready when you are for seed planting.

Can a flow through system be a 6 inch 6 foot plastic tube? Or 12 inch 12 foot tube? Or on the second floor an 18 inch 18 foot tube? Remember with airflow the "surface area" is the whole tube. Air should flow from the bottom to the top. Should, like in outhouses, air tubes be provided that escape upstream to let any smell escape like from the house water drain system? Can the heat of vermicomposting be captured even a bit for maybe a warm bread proofing cabinet warmed by the vermicomposting exhaust vent pipe going through the cabinet?

Why am I carrying kitchen vegetable waste down the cellar stairs when gravity can do the work for me?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets