Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
worms and low pressure

Posted by mendopete 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 28, 10 at 16:42

We have been getting thundershowers and rain for the past 3 days. I have 1 plastic tote bin, an outdoor bin, and several compost bins with worms. Just prior to the rain, many worms in the plastic tote began climbing to the vent holes. Worms in the other systems seemed normal. I checked today between showers, and there were hundreds of worms clinging to the plastic above the bedding. Their favorite place is an top of the handles, where there were large groupings. My other bins still appear quite normal. I am guessing it must be related to the amount of oxygen available in the plastic bin. As far as I can tell, none have escaped.
I found the way the worms reacted in the different systems interesting. Any thoughts?
Pete

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: worms and low pressure

The worms may be more reliable than the stupid weatherman.
Imagine a job where no one expects or even cares if you are right or not.
Forget that, stock brokers have the same deal going.
My bad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here