Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
milocrab_gw

I'm loving my worms! (^_^)

milocrab
12 years ago

I just want to share my joy of having my new worm bin with everyone! I received my worms last wednesday, but after seeing the videos posted by plumiebear, I realised the amount of worms I received is MUCH MUCH less than what I ordered, which is 1 kg. So I made a complaint to the company; eventhough I didn't expect they would respond to me. But to my suprise, I got a phone call a few days ago. They said they've looked into the matter, and realised their new employee has given me 1 kg of worms + bedding (which means the 1 kg is mostly bedding and very few worms). Now they'll compensate me by sending me new worms with no delivery charge. Yay!

Ok, back to my worm bin. I buried a very small amount of food in there about a week ago. There was a little bit of bok choi scrap and apple skin (chopped up), 2 crushed egg shells, 2 tea bags and a spoonful of coffee grounds. I just went to check on the worms and slightly fluff up the bedding. I think most of the scraps are gone!! I can only see bits of egg shells. I'm defrosting another batch of scraps now, and will feed them again tomorrow!

Another thing is, I've put a bunch of wet paper shreds on the lowest drainage tray; because the worms keep getting there. And when I checked today, there was a little worm ball inside the shreds! So I gently scooped them up and put them back to the main bedding. :-D

I think its really fun to keep a worm bin and they're like my pet worms now. Let's just hope I won't start giving them names, lol.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm