Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sonshine_07

I moved my worms, too!

sonshine_07
9 years ago

I moved my worms recently as well. I have a styrofoam bin with holes all over. I think I got a little over zealous. :) My worms seem happy enough with the set up, except I've been finding attempted escapees on the ground every now and again. There have also been a few in the empty dry box below. There have been around 15 in all-- not a mass exodus, but enough to make me want to counteract their wandering and dying. I decided to set them on top of some soil. It should be interesting, because I have also been burying food scraps in this soil so the worm food pile doesn't take over my freezer. I am curious to see if they end up eating the food in the soil and returning to the box, staying in the box, or leaving, never to return again. I'm really hoping against the final option, but I wouldn't mind if they feasted on the food buried in the soil as well. I'm just hoping this setup either maintains current productivity or increases it. I'm interested to see what happens. Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

(BTW, although I am living in Melbourne, I am an Idaho girl through and through. :)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor