Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reikimaster60657

Up and running!

reikimaster60657
13 years ago

Hi Everyone:

First, I just want to say "Thank You" to all of you who share your experiences, trials, tribulations, and triumphs!

I started my bin this past Tuesday. Of course, I've been peeking at LEAST once a day - if nothing else, just to make sure that I still have some live worms.

So far, so good. I have seen something growing between the chunks of watermelon rind. I believe it is some kind of fungus that looks like spider webs. That should help the worms out.

Also, I was a little concerned today when I noticed some white fuzzy stuff on what looked like a dead worm on top of the bedding. I got out a magnifying glass and looked at it closer. I was a little relieved when I realized that it wasn't a dead worm, but a longer shred of coir. But, I was also a little horrified when I saw that the white fuzzy stuff was moving. They were so small, that even with the magnifying glass I couldn't tell for sure if they had little tiny legs or not. They may be some kind of little white baby worms (? pot worm babies), or they might be some kind of tiny white grubs.

Any ideas?

Anyway, there are still live worms - that's the most important thing to me right now.

Thanks again for this forum, and all your help.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure