Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patsuweb

What if every household had a worm farm?

patsuweb
11 years ago

I think the world would be a better place if every household had a worm farm due to the benefits of worm farming. Here are some that I have thought of and I am sure that others will think of more...

1-less organic garbage going to the landfills (and less methane being released into our atmosphere) as it would be used either as food or bedding for our worms. Maybe even manufactures of packaging would find ways to make most of their products safely consumed by worms as a selling point, possibly a new recycle symbol with a worm in the center?

2-less trash on the roads (since everyone would be hoarding all the paper, cardboard and food scraps for the worms)

3-houseplants,yards,gardens & even city landscapes would improve from the extra vermicompost that everyone would be adding. Leaves,and other yard trimmings would be quickly gathered to be pre-composted for use as worm food. Neighbors and even strangers might be asking if they can have your piles of leaves and other garden refuse for their worms.

4-healthier eating habits as everyone would be buying more fresh vegetables & fruits for the trimmings to feed their worms.

5-more organic produce would be available and possibly even demanded by people since who wants to feed their worms chemically grown produce?

6-restaurants would offer to give you a "Worm Baggie" instead of a Doggie Bag, with produce scraps in totally recyclable container to take home (and no one would laugh at you) or better yet, they would be worm farming!

7-cities and towns everywhere would have Vermicomposting Centers for the pickup of excess green waste to be composted and possibly resold to those needing more vermicompost than they can make.

8-home builders would offer a new option ...a "built in flow-through vermicomposters" in every house sold as a selling point.

9-many different types of worm farms would be available at every major store in all price ranges to match a greater variety of decorating schemes. Some could function as other pieces of furniture or be built into a roll-around cabinet.

10-the meditative benefits of caring for your worms would be prescribed by Doctors as way to bring down your stress levels...ok, I don't know if this one really works, but it sounded good :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville