Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The 'Art' of vermicomposting

Posted by borderbarb (My Page) on
Sun, May 2, 10 at 13:52

IT WAS JUST A MATTER OF TIME B4 VERMI BECAME 'IN' ENOUGH FOR THE ARTSYFARTSY
Behold the centerpiece of Emily's senior show in Ruffin Gallery: a bed frame housing a worm composting operation, complete with shredded newspaper (including C-VILLE!). Those dark things pinned to the netting are small burlap pockets into which visitorsyes, youare invited to put food waste that the worms can eat. Every day at 5pm Emily does a participatory feeding and watering of her wiggling collaborators. Show's only up until Friday, so get over there!
http://www.c-ville.com/index.php?cat=1990309083055403&act=post&pid=12172004101175010

Here is a link that might be useful: Worms go artsy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The 'Art' of vermicomposting

bumperooney ... not of general interest.

o

I think it is interesting. Is it for sale as art?

o

Interesting idea for a senior show. I wonder what grade she will get! And will she compost the report card??

o

When I remodel our bathroom next year, I plan to build a flow-thru out of the old fiberglass tub. Will I become a famous artist? Not likely, but if art advances the 'cause' then I am all for it. My worm bin is beneath a beautiful native rhododendron that will be a true thing of beauty next week when it blooms! I hope to post my first pics soon.
Pete

o

Funny .... I bumped this item because in past, when I have posted news items, there was no response and they just sat there at the top of the line for ages.[cringe]
Re: the 'senior show' .. I thought that meant senior citizens, but maybe not. I agree that anything that demystifies or de-YUCKs vermicomposting is a plus.
Re: the 'art' of vermicomposting ... the wide scope of experiences described in this forum, seems to give credence that vermiculture is as much an 'art' as it is a science.
Pete ... the bathtub worm-farm sounds great. As for 'fame', call the local newspaper for a pictorial story. Your description of the site for your worm bin seems worthy of artistic appreciation. BTW, I'm not kidding about your calling the local paper or creating a pictorial story for a magazine. The 'fame' thing is BS, but the more people who can be exposed to the fun and beauty, and pleasure and intellectual satisfaction of vermi-keeping, the better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here