Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vermicompost & tea .. news item

Posted by borderbarb (My Page) on
Sat, May 22, 10 at 18:00

Interesting article about farmer in Philippines who uses both vermicompost and v-tea on rice crop.
///
'Worm compost' eases El Nio effect on rice seed production
...snip.... Despite the El Nio, his lowland rice crops reached harvesting stage with more filled grains and more seeds per panicle....snip....According to Dr. Cielito A. Beltran of TCA, vermicompost and vermitea, when used as fertilizer and pesticide, respectively, can increase rice productivity up to 28 percent.

Here is a link that might be useful: VC, VT eases El Nino effect

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vermicompost & tea .. news item

I'm hoping to get some benefit out of using VC tea myself. I've been spraying it directly on my garden. My problem is I will not know how effective it is because I'm doing the whole garden rather than just part of it to compare. But I will look for insect damage to see if I see little or alot.

I have a hardy hibiscus that for some reason attracts a little fly. The larvae turn the leaves into lace. One year I bought some chewing tobacco and brewed some nicotine poison. It did not seem to help as much as I thought Partially because I hated using the stuff and quit too soon. I hope to see VC tea work this year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here