Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question About transporting worms

Posted by rjinga middle ga, zone 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 0:50

I'm visiting my parents out of state and just saw a local ad for someone who sells worms here, I'm still checking into this but wondered if I can get some here for a decent price, and can carry them with me home (in a container where they would be kept cool, damp or whatever they needed)

Any reason they would not fare well flying for 4 hours? I guess if someone mails them most likely they would be flown somewhere right?

Any suggestions on what they would require to stay alive, what NOT to use etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question About transporting worms

I don't know the answer to your questions. But, I would definitely advise you to contact the airline that you will use to travel home on. Tell them that you wish to bring some worms along with you and ask if they can be carried on board with you. That way, you probably wouldn't incur a shipping charge for transporting your worms. I don't know if this will help you out or not. But, I hope so. Good luck to you!!

Robert

o

Lol transporting isnt the issue, I'd be scared of the TSA. Maybe if you explain they're for a special fishing event.

o

When you buy them online they ship them in a breathable cloth bag with some begging and we newspaper strips the usually go priority mail so 2 or three days in transit
like others said check with the airline with the crazy rules nowdays you would hate to leave them behind at the airport

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here