Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vc in garden

Posted by cobra2 5 Colorado (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 9:26

I used vc in my garden this year my tomato's are growing big and great along with zuc they are getting real bushy can I trime back some of the brnchies so the can produce more blooms instead of growing big plant's

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vc in garden

I also used VC in my garden this year and WOW are the plants healthy. I started 2 rows of pole beans- one with the seeds started in straight castings and the other without. Germination rate was nearly 100% in the VC and about 40% without! Also seeded lettuce, squash, potatoes, and carrots in castings very successfully. I also spread several inches of vc under the apple tree which I water in.No chemical factory fertilizer, just aerated casting tea fed with molasses , fish emulsion and kelp. I still cannot stop blackspot on my roses in this cool humid climate though.

o
RE: vc in garden

Yeah, my tomatoes are doing so well it's almost becoming a problem. I'm in an apartment and got a garden plot the building runs, mine's the tallest by about a foot (was two feet but slowing down as it reaches six feet).

The coolest thing was one of the four I had really had a rough start, not sure what but think it picked some disease up. Anyway I gave it a super dose of VC around the plant and daily soaked it in for a while. Disease gone, and a mass of healthy branches firing off :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here