Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deetoo_gw

Worm Blanket

Deetoo
11 years ago

Hi everyone! I have been ready this forum since I got my worm bin (about 2 months ago) and have learned a lot. Thanks so much for your willingness to share and help newbies. I do have some questions that I can't seem to find clear answers for however - if you can help me - I appreciate that!

I am going to make a separate post for each question so they are shorter - and topics don't get messed up.

1. I bought a worm blanket from Tumbleweed(I know - but I thought I needed it). From what I have read - it isn't necessary. So . . . I was going to remove it (it is moldy too). When I took it up today I noticed worms on the underside. When I went to pick them out - they burrowed into the blanket. So I got a child's plastic fork and started "digging" them out - I realized the blanket was deteriorating - so I decided to leave it as apparently they are eating that too (or it is just moldy away). So What I would like to hear are your thoughts on worm blankets and covering the beds with anything other than your shredded paper/cardboard etc. Also - what do you think about just leaving it until it is gone - and then not getting another one?

Comments (3)