Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abrace04_gw

Black bugs in my bin!

abrace04
14 years ago

I started my worm bin maybe two months ago, and its been going alright. Besides accidently killing most of my worms and then finding some maggots (which weren't so bad besides being yucky). Then today, I opened up the bin and it was covered (literally. I could barely see the sides of the bin and they were all over the lid) in long skinny black bugs. They're about a 1/4" long and they are very skinny, and there are probably hundreds of them. I suspect they may be an earwig but I'm not sure. I didn't get a good look since I quickly put the lid back on. I also noticed a few white flies, unlike the pictures I saw when I searched for white flies on google. They look like a black soldier fly except they are completely white. I know my bin is a bit moist and had actually planned on adding some paper and cardboard to it today before I saw that. I'm assuming all these bugs won't do too much harm, but they're creeping me out, especially with there being so many. And they literally weren't there 2 days ago when I checked it last. What do you think they may be? Or do you think they're bad? And how do I get rid of them? I'll try to post a picture soon if I can get the courage to open it again.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County