Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy worms in CA Bay area

Posted by kris 8b (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 25, 09 at 23:09

I need to get more worms, is there a good source near the San Francisco bay area. I live on the penninsula/south bay area. I've ordered online before am willing to do so again if there isn't a good local dealer, so can anyone recommend a reputable company with good prices.

Thanks so much,

Kristi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy worms in CA Bay area

www.vermicomposters.com will show you other people in your area who are raising worms. You may found someone who is willing to share or sell.

Spiral Gardens in Berkeley. $25 for a healthy, very fat pound. I've bought from them twice. Only problem is that they are a volunteer organization and have sporadic days/hours. http://www.spiralgardens.org/

Cosmo's Red Worms (http://www.alcasoft.com/cosmos/)
1-1/2 lbs worms plus 1-1/4 lbs bedding - $35.00 (postage included). Cosmo is a very knowledgeable worm broker who has been doing this for a long time. You have to place an order by phone, send him a check and the worms arrive by priority mail.

o
RE: Where to buy worms in CA Bay area

Forgot to mention the nice folks at Monster Worms in Antioch. They are members of this forum and are knowledgeable, generous, and enthusiastic wormers. I'm thinking about buying my next batch from them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Monster Worms

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here