Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
finding worms

Posted by gmw1 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 14, 11 at 7:37

are members here still sharing worms? I could use about fifty to a hundred to re-colonize my bins. I know I have about thirty right now, but that's not really enough to keep the bin going, I think. Am perfectly willing to pay for postage.
Thanks in advance, even if no one has any to share..
gmw1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: finding worms

What have you done Gina?

I thought you were well under way a ways back. I do understand that sometime things get busy, and the lil' guys tend to be the first to suffer.

LOL

Wish I could send you a couple of thousand to get ya going again, but the post would be a killer, not to mention the 6 weeks delivery from Australia. lol.

My totes are going OK. Ten totes, one trench in the vegie bed, and a WF going flat out.

I'm no longer addicted (or so my shrink says), but now I find time for friends and family! (well, family anyway....)

good luck and be patient, they will multiple. Remember my 75 worm experiment? Narf said. :-)

Jay

o
RE: finding worms

we are having our second major drought year, and the heat has utterly destroyed my bin, even with cold or frozen carbon waste thrown into the bin,and keeping them covered properly and in the shade, and this is after a major ten day freeze which must have killed off huge amounts. I was up to over a pound, and they have literally melted away.
I could cry.
But, did get the compost harvested and saved as many of the survivors as I could find, and managed to get them into clean fresh soil, with lots of nitrogen, air and carbon thrown into the bin.
Thanks for the good wishes, though, and you are quite right not to try to ship from Australia. The cold down there and the heat up here would prevent any from surviving the trip.

Oh, well.
Gina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here