Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buying Worms in San Antonio

Posted by sundanceweb 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 6, 08 at 8:59

Does anyone know of a place to buy composting worms in the San Antonio, Texas area? With temperatures in the high 90s if I have them shipped they will probably arrive cooked.

Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buying Worms in San Antonio

I ordered some worms recently off the internet and they arrived just fine even though they sat in their little box in my mailbox all day. I didn't have single fatality that I could find. They were shipped in a cloth bag filled with worms and moist compost. The cloth bag was lightly wrapped in bubble wrap and that was inside a cardboard box. They were warm when I opened the package, but not hot.

I googled 'composting worms for sale' and viewed a lot of different sites, but ultimately picked one that was in Texas and just a short distance from where I live. I figured the less time they had to travel the more likely they'd arrive alive and healthy.

After I ordered them I called the supplier and told her that the worms might have to sit in the mailbox all day and I was concerned that they would get too hot. The lady assured me that they would most likely be ok, but that if they were not, just call back and she'd send some more when cooler weather was expected. She was also very helpful when I asked her questions about raising them and shipping them, and she told me to feel free to call her anytime I wanted to talk about worms.

My worms arrived just fine, so I sent her a little note to let her know. Cheryl

o

You might try calling 653-6094.

o

You can call me in San Antonio. I have worms to sell. Only redworms. No nightcrawlers, etc. My phone number is 653-6094.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here