Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
den2000

Maybe more than one problem

den2000
12 years ago

We have the Worm Farm 360 and have had it for about 2 or 3 months. We had it in a room that is air conditioned and had dehumidifier so is little cool and dry. It is just the 2 of use and the wife was feeding the worms everyday. They eat well but in the last month a few would crawl out. Keep thinking that it is too dry. I have also been reading that my wife might be over feeding but thay eat all the food as not that much but maybe bothering to much and not reproducing.

We put the bins now out in the garage so out of sun but in a better climate and not so dry. We dampened the to and dampened the news paper on top. Today I checked on them and they are all on the top of the compost so I am thinking that the soil below is to dry. Have have also asked the wife not to feed for some time and been about a week so maybe they would breed.

Amy tips as to how to maybe proceed as maybe set up second bin and go to it and try to get the soil moisture uder control or just maybe add some damp paper and cardbord to the soil.

We also have never gotten any liquid off so another reason thinking not enough moisture. We I think you might have the idea and so any suggestions would be great and should they only be feed food every few weeks?

Thank

Den

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting