Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katiep508

Bin set up/ Vacation

katiep508
13 years ago

Hello. I posted last week and I had a dead shipment from uncle Jim's. I got my replacements today and they seem great! The difference is almost laughable now that I know what a live bunch looks like.

So I just have a couple quick questions. I am using a rubbermaid box system until I can afford a better home for them. We used a pretty small drill bit to make the holes in the bottom and top but as I was setting up the bin I saw one guy booking it towards a hole and he actually fit right through. I'm hoping he was just trying to get away from the light, but if the holes are too large, do I need to get a new bin and start all over? I was thinking of putting some newspapers and dirt in the bucket below so they don't drown if they make an escape and just putting them back in the main bucket every so often- will that suffice?

Also, unfortunate timing, but we're going away for next week and I am wondering what I should have my caretaker do for them seeing they are so new and not established (as am I as a worm keeper!). I do have someone coming to the house everyday to take care of my cat, so anything that needs to be done shouldn't be a problem. Any idea on how often they should be checked and what I should have someone do? There aren't really going to be any food scraps coming from our kitchen next week, but I don't think I feed them too often anyway, right?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County