Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamagrizzz

Vermicompost - Tucson, AZ

MamaGrizzz
11 years ago

Hi all... I've been prepping for my worms for about 2 months now. I have 2 bins set up (out of old paint bucket like containers (never contained paint). Three levels, holes in bottoms, very bottom is a smaller bucket to catch liquid... Here's my problem. I HAVE NO WORMS!!!

I've searched everywhere for local worms and can't find any farmers :( The one we did have (that I could find on Google) moved to California.

I ordered 1lb from Sun Joe almost a month ago, but the package got lost... thanks FedEx... So I was issued a replacement, and now FedEx is refusing to ship it.

Just wondering if anyone on here is from my area and has worms they'd be willing to sell or give away. Or if anyone knows reliable shippers or farms that can ship fast and keep the worms cool enough to not die.

I talked to the farmer that moved to Cali and he said to wait on shipping because of how hot AZ is and the worms would likely come from a much cooler climate and wouldn't adjust well. I have very little patience unfortunately, and I don't want to wait until September to order worms.

Any ideas?

Comments (7)