Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bower4311

Running Euro's

bower4311
14 years ago

I am not sure if this is just natural but once my light goes out my worms end up crawling up the sides. A good number of them do. I usually keep a light on at night to keep them down but I forgot for a few hours and I had a few escapees and some I might have missed. Then twenty or so were crawling up the bin, I started off with about a pound and a half to two pounds. (Bed Run)

I drilled my side holes too big, but I never see them on my bin cover. Previous sources tell me that if their habitat is bad they will escape even if it is out the top, since I don't see them on the top ever it seems they aren't too dissatisfied with their habitat, just curious (unless they escape out the side holes before they have a chance to run up the cover)?

My bin has newspaper soaked for 24 hours and then squeezed out. I usually top feed them an oatmeal cornmeal mix, but occasionally some gets mixed in when I go digging, but not many. The bedding does not seem warm to the touch. I also started corner feeding egg shells for a couple days now. I was thinking the ones that don't find the food might be leaving. Any chance of this?

Comments (5)