Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
antoniab_gw

Weird plastic strips in my bin

antoniab
13 years ago

I was harvesting VC this weekend, and kept coming upon these odd plastic strips in the bins. They were rubbery, semi-opaque, and flat. Some were maybe 5 inches long, others were longer, some were only three or so inches long. I found about a dozen of various sizes in the bin that I sifted.

I wondered where they came from, since I don't remember putting them there. I do put in junk mail, and find the odd mailing window sometimes, if I forget to tear one out, but 12 rather biggish pieces of plastic, I just couldn't figure it out.

Then I remembered. This is the bin I had put whole corrugated boxes into before some things came up back at the beginning of May. I had found four boxes that fit the bin almost exactly, if put in a certain way, and I created zones, with different bedding in each one, thinking I would see if the castings were different and if there were more worms hanging out in different beddings. I fed each box fairly equally for a while, and kept notes for about a month, then let it go when I got distracted.

The plastic strips I found were the strips of hot glue the flaps of the boxes were glued down with. The boxes had been converted very nicely, whole, to VC during that time, and I hadn't noticed.

I will have to try that experiment again sometime.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!