Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Raw Blended Cashews

Posted by reedandleaf none (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 10:28

Hey everybody,
What do you guys think about feeding the worms raw, blended (creamed really), unsalted, organic cashews?

I was going to make something for the ol' DS with them, soaked them in water overnight (thus ruining them for storage) and then DS decided it didn't sound good anymore. I can't eat them myself and they are now past the point when I could have given them away. These organic cashews are horribly expensive (not too pleased with DS right now, lol) and I just hate to pour them into the regular compost. If I gave them to the wormies, then at least they'd be going to somebody who'd enjoy them. You know, "For a good cause!"

I know in general, "If we can eat it, they can eat it." But I love my little guys and thought I'd just check in here first. Anybody ever give their worms nuts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Raw Blended Cashews

I have never done it but would not hesitate. Plain, unsalted, organic.... why not?

o
RE: Raw Blended Cashews

Thanks Mendopete, I agree and appreciate the response :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here