Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Tower Project

Posted by sunauna 6/7 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 28, 13 at 18:39

Has anyone used the Garden Tower Project tower (http://gardentowerproject.com/index.php)?

I'm thinking about getting it for next year but wanted some feedback first. I've never composted before and worry about the smell and worms traveling away and dying on my and my neighbors' rooftops. Could cause problems w/ the coop board... Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Tower project

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Tower Project

I am not aware of any coop boards that conduct regular rooftop dead worm surveillance projects. A few may have live link web cams but they are far flung and few. My guess is you could risk it. Vermicomposters as a bunch are a pretty devil may care group frequently flaunting normal convention and laws. If you find you can not ride the ride then maybe vermicomposting is not the path you wish to take.

o
RE: Garden Tower Project

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 2, 13 at 7:36

I have not tried it. It is an interesting concept. It's too pricey for me to try it. It seems like it would be functional for those who do not have a lot of garden space. On first blush I am wondering how you would tend the composting part of the system.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here