Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Worm Factory 360 no leachate in the bin?

Posted by Bama_Joe none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 20:56

Hi folks,

I have two WF 360's and have yet to have any leachate to drain from the spigot. Is this good, bad, normal or indifferent? I'm always afraid of making the bin too wet, so not sure if I'm being too cautious or what. I started a few months ago and am still in the learning phase. Any tips would be welcomed, thanks!

Joe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Worm Factory 360 no leachate in the bin?

Whoops...missed the thread below mine, same subject.

o

Unfortunately this post with the specific title isn't getting the feedback that the earlier same question got. SO: I'm posting this to send readers to the "should I be getting any" thread.

; ) !

o

"Should I be getting any?"

Now THAT's an interesting question on a vermi site!

Paul :)

o

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/verm/msg051215401030.html

Some good reading regarding the topic. Looks like leachate is formed when moisture is in a great enough amount, that the bedding is unable to absorb it in time. Guess there is not "should" or "shouldn't" be getting. Maybe after the bin is well established, depending on what you're feeding, you may or may not have it. I'm still learning myself and appreciate the reply Barbara. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here