Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"Solutions" and not the "wet" kind

Posted by pskvorc 3 (pskvorc@biopar.com) on
Mon, Sep 1, 14 at 14:01

I was 'organizing' my email this morning, (AKA mass deletions), and realized that there may be a "work-around" for the lack of a "stickies" feature here at Garden Web. I maintain a sub-folder in my email folder for "Worms". Under that folder is a sub-folder called "forum responses". In THAT folder are all of the "notices" I get from Garden Web when someone posts to a thread I am "subscribed" to. THERE is the solution to keeping links to "interesting" threads.

It does require me to keep the records, but at least I know where the links are, and, the records can be sorted by poster's name, the date, or the name of the thread.

It's more work than a "stickie", but it beats the heck out of searching over "hell's half acre" trying to find an old, but interesting/informative thread.

Just a thought...

Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "Solutions" and not the "wet" kind

Gardenweb used to have stickies, or A Stickie. It was an advertisement as the first topic as best as I recall. Or it may have been an explanation for the double underlined advertisements that popped up one day. Others may remember more clearly. When the sticky went over like a lead balloon it disappeared.

Maybe this information helps or explains something:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/suggest/msg121346591104.html

o

I get an error message when I copy and past the link and the hotlink in the Garden Web post. The "hotlink" ads in the text don't bother me much.

Paul

o

I too get that message. I messaged our Gardenweb overseers about it. They are no doubt busy celebrating Labor Day by golfing on the Vineyard and will be back to work soon.

This post was edited by equinoxequinox on Mon, Sep 1, 14 at 22:38

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here