Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organicadam

i recieved my order

OrganicAdam
9 years ago

I received my recent order 5lbs of red wigglers from "the worm dude." I weighed it my self and it was on point. I moistened them because they're shipped in dry peat. Then spread them amongst my bins. They were all healthy no dead ones... I definitely recommend this supplier. I definitely will use again in the future.

Comments (6)

• buckstarchaser
    9 years ago

When worms die, they usually turn to liquid. The peat and other worms will then be covered with this liquid until it dries.

Not saying that your worms died in shipment, but that it's more common that worms seem to have 'disappeared' rather than leaving corpses. Worms that look dead are more often almost dead.

• pskvorc
    9 years ago

But... dead worms - even those "turned to liquid" - smell like HELL. I'd expect his shipment to be 'stinky' if there had been any significant loss.

Good to get a report of good service. I was satisfied - other than cost - with the order I received from a commercial worm supply house.

Paul

• OrganicAdam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the input fellas, also i ordered one pound of African night crawlers from best buy worms and it will be shipped today. So I will post a review when I receive them. Just so you all know I did write both worm suppliers before I ordered to see if they weigh the worms without the bedding, to make sure I get what I pay for. They both emailed me back rather quickly an were quite sociable.
    the ANC are suppose to eat 1.5x's their body weight a day an reproduce faster then red wigglers. So I figure one pound should be enough to start indoors.

• pskvorc
    9 years ago

I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing your experience in the context of "eat 1.5X their body weight a day".

Paul

• OrganicAdam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'll believe it when I see it

• PRO
    equinoxequinox
    9 years ago

Nice report. The title had me convinced you had received an order from someone sharing your household that those worms had to go. Glad to find out you get to keep them.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz