Return to the Vermicomposting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Carribean

Posted by pjames 8/LA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 26, 10 at 16:55

I just returned for a 7 day cruise. As you sit at supper, you talk to different peopleeach night. Sometimes the talk turned to gardening.. I talked about what I had planted and how I gre it etc,,, then I looked over to my wife and could see she was silently praying " Lord, don't let him tell about his damn worms!!!!"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Carribean

So did you bring it up? Maybe over a drink at the bar?
I have been busy offshore albacore fishing and have totally neglected my herd! But I have 65 tuna in the freezer.
I hope you had a great trip. Pete

o

We'll listen to your worm stories pjames.

o

Pat: My guess is gardeners would probably be a sympathetic audience...unless they were the hoity toity type. You could always approach it sideways and talk about vermicompost first. When they ask you where you buy the VC, you can tell them you've got thousands of working worms that make it for you.

Pete: Wow! Lemme know if you need help eating any of those. It's only a 5 hr. drive from Berkeley to Mendocino. lol. just kidding. Enjoy!

Andrew

o

Pete..I think I'd have rather been with you... I could still drink beer in between fishing...

I brought up composting but got some blank stares.. so I figured the worms were out...

Good to be back though. Already did an inspection of all my bins and a short harvest on 3 of them

o

Nothing like 10 days away and no new food additions to really make the worms concentrate on finishing off the almost ready compost into vermicastings. It is like a present they have ready for you when you get home.

o

Pat, worms really were not discussed or even brought up offshore. Rapalas and tuna-clones were the preferred bait.
My second "worm-cage" has been unfed since inception several months back. I built it over a nice pile of aged horse manure. I have hosed it down maybe 6 times. All worms answered roll-call! I will tumble the goods soon. All other wormerys here have thrived on inattention.

Happy wormin' Pete

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vermicomposting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here