Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathmcd7

Lizards eating my worms?

kathmcd7
13 years ago

This year I have had a lot of lizards in my yard. This is my second year with outside worm bins. The bin that I had left the lid partially off is almost empty of worms. I saw a lizard in my flowerbed where I also feed worms. I put some window screen over the opening in the bin, but what about the flower bed? I'm in Las Vegas, and we're not used to critters eating things in the yard! Do you think the screen will be enough to keep them out? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Kath

Comments (2)

• pjames
    13 years ago

I'm curious about what kind of lizard you might have. Desert lizards will dig a little but not burrow deep. I doubt they would be a problem.

Here in Louisiana, I have alot of anoles and geckoes. I found 6 geckoes the other day running around in one of my compost bins..all sizes from baby to adult. I know they are snagging some of the BSFL and roaches that show up..

• kathmcd7
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The lizards kind of look like tree lizards, but I don't really know what kind they are. I guess I'll just keep covering the outside bins and leave the flowerbed one alone. I'm glad I don't have your lizards. Mine are so little.(haha) Thanks
    Kath