Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
equinoxequinox

Other Garden Web Forums

equinoxequinox
9 years ago

For the past seven years I have only ever read and posted here on the vermicomposting site. Where else do you all find of interest at this site? I see there are lots of areas of interest.

Comments (8)

• eibren
    9 years ago

I like Hot Topics.

You can get a rousing discussion of native vs foreign worms over there.

• barbararose21101
    9 years ago

Lots of pictures of roses on the rose forum

• ctnchpr
    9 years ago

Trees. Very active, lots of experts, very little sniping.

• chuckiebtoo
    9 years ago

The vermicomposting forum is the only one that will benefit ALL the others, so....being a multifaceted, ambivalently indecisive, often easily distracted by whatever plant specie is interesting to me at that particular moment, and.....knowing that if I put all my eggs in one basket and bet the farm on one successful endeavor only to meet Murphy's Law face-to-face again as usual and lose my assets in toto, my efforts are intended to spread my worm poop around so as to both spread the wealth around and lessen the chances of not throwing craps.

Chuckiebtoo

Moderation, Diversity, Patience, Poop Purveyance

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

Cooking, the Kitchen Table and this one are my go-to's.
    Houseplants forum is also of interest.

Those that vermicompost outdoors might benefit from the regular composting forum.

• sweet_betsy No AL Z7
    9 years ago

For years I used to go to only my favorite forums but when Garden Web added "Most Recent Posts" on the right side of the screen, I began looking at those topics and I now visit any that pique my interest. That feature expanded my experience to the many wonderful posters and discussions on the Garden Web.

• klem1
    9 years ago

+1 what betsy said about most recents plus I like soil compost and mulch(great folks just like here). Also drop by the home repair and maintainance forums since I have experience to share if it might save someone misery or money. There was recently a discussion here about same old questions asked without useing faq and search first. To their credit,not the same ones but folks ask questions about electric,air conditionaing and plumbing that make me wonder how they survived long enough to buy a house. No real prob with that,the real buggers are prolific posters that don't know worm castings from shoe polish supplying answers. Oh well I suppose you might see it as free slapstick.

• pskvorc
    9 years ago

I went to a couple of others and found the typical internet "expert-sycophant" relationships, so I didn't stay. I do think there is information to be had in those other sites, but you have to put up with a lot of crap to get to it. Just like you do over most of the internet these days.

chuckiebtoo's comments - in general - express my personal perspective on 'wandering'. (I don't have the same level of "appreciation" of worms that he does. :) ) I have only so much time to spend on the internet, and I have become much more judicious about where I spend that time. I spend my time where I "like" to "be".

I also "second" betsy's comments. I keep an eye on the "hot topics" and if one piques my interest, I'll have a look.

Paul